Sunday 24 September 2017

“The Government has not lived up to expectations in handling the Anglophone crises”




Honourable Fusi Namukong Wilfred

Honourable Fusi Namukong Wilfred
Honourable Fusi is a Member of Parliament for the Bafut-Tuba Constituency. He is also a business person and a Development Agent in Bafut. This Parliamentarian of the Social Democratic Front is also a cultural personality and a leader at many levels. In this interview by Francis Ekongang Nzante, the MP among other things laments that the Biya Regime has not lived up to expectations in the way they have been handling the Anglophone crises and goes ahead to prescribe national dialogue as the immediate way forward.
What pushed or inspired you to accept this role of taking care of the needs of a whole community?
I have always been a development agent and before being a parliamentarian I was the National President of Bafut Development Manjong. I have also been the National Chairman of my own Quarter in Bafut so having this zeal for development and seeing that I could contribute to the development of this country I decided to get into politics. I decided to go into Parliament under the colours of the SDF. I was elected into Parliament and since then I have been contributing to the development of my community as a parliamentarian.
We are building up towards an elective exercise and what is that extra thing that Honourable Fusi has that he thinks will make the electorate renew its confidence in him again?
Like a politician I have been touching all the nooks and crannies of Bafut. I have touched all the villages. I have contributed my own quota in the aspects of development in the domain of roads, schools, health among other things. I have just done what I am supposed to do. If I have to go in again for elections, it will be the Bafut people who will decide whether I measured up or not. It will be them to decide who to vote for. Own my own part I have done my share of work. I have always been available and even in parliament I have always been available and have always lived up to my expectations. I have been one of those active ones in parliament and I have been struggling to make sure that things go well for this nation.
What major decisions were arrived at during the last NEC Meeting of the SDF which assembled all SDF Parliamentarians?
It was geared towards the preparation of the upcoming elective convention. We were putting things in place to make sure that all things are put in place for the elective convention in October. We were setting up the various committees. I am at the head of one of the committees. We were equally working on the budget to make sure that participants from all over the country take part in the upcoming event. We equally used the occasion to examine the Anglophone crises. We believe that Dialogue will be the key to solving the crises. If we had a federated state then we would not be having all these problems and we also believe that the government has not lived up to expectation with regards to the Anglophone problem which accounts for the present agitation among Cameroonians.



The Entrepreneur and his Initiative

Premier Security, Bamenda, Cameroon

Premier Security Company with Head Quarters in Bamenda was created some 25 years ago and was the first of its kind to be created by a Cameroonian. Prior to its creation Security Companies in Cameroon were dominated by Foreign Companies like Wackenhut and other International Security outfits that dominated the sector in Cameroon for a long time even after the creation of Premier Security in Cameroon with Head Quarters in Bamenda, capital of the Northwest Region of Cameroon.

Premier Security Cameroon has its Head Quarters in Bamenda specifically at Metta Quarters on the first floor of Gracious Building. The company’s motto: “A Radiant Ultimate Solution to your Insecurity” is a true reflection of the spirit with which this company carries out its activities.
The company spans across the triangle called Cameroon with branch offices in Bafoussam, capital of the West Region and Buea, Capital of the Southwest Region opposite Full Gospel Church at Molyko. Other Branch Offices include the Douala office in the Littoral Region and Yaounde office in the Centre Region.
A couple of years ago, security was of an issue than it is today. The Socio-Political landscape has constantly changed with passing time in Cameroon and this has completely changed the narrative of how security issues are handled in Cameroon. Cases of homicide, burglary and security threats to the social fabric are on the rise and almost everybody needs security. 

  
The importance of fighting against insecurity cannot be overemphasized if present realities in Cameroon in particular and the Sub Region in general are taken into consideration.
Other services provided by Premier Security include: Environmental Cleaning and Sanitation, Contracts and Supplies and the Installation of Alarm Systems and Video Security Recording.



Les Gens Du Cameroun: Email: francoeko@gmail.com/ edevnewspaper@gmail.com/ Tel: +237678401408/ +237696896001/ +237667169106

No comments:

Post a Comment