Sunday 23 April 2017

-Honorable Wallang Richard Eboa



Both the public and private sectors transform a country in to a giant.

 

Many would want to know how the Honorable Wallang Richard Eboa that we know today started out.

 

I am MP for Menchum South Constituency. I was born in Wum to John and Theresa Eboa. I attended my Primary School in Kumba and later on moved to Wum where I attended Government Technical College at the time. Later on I went to High School but after High School, I could not really continue with my formal education.  After this I decided to do Vocational Training which took me to Germany where I did a Columns on how to work on pillars inside the water and when I came back I decided to create my own company. Later on, I dashed back to Germany where I did Company Management and later on moved to Malaysia where I did Plantation Management specializing in Palms. Today I have my own Palm Plantation in Dibamba from where I later on moved to Wum where I have a Plantation. I am also into road construction contractor. In 2008 when I had my first medal recognizing my efforts towards development. I have so far received four awards amongst which is the Commander of the Knights of National Order of Valour.

 

Why this switch to Agriculture?

You know Agriculture is the life wire of this nation and I have never put it in my mind that I want to work in the government. In a country where you have a good private sector you must work in synergy with the government. If you look at the world today, it is not those working with the government who make things happen. It is the private sector that make things happen. I have travelled to many countries and this has widened my scope and makes me to know how the world looks like. There is this need to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship among our young ones but I don’t know why in Cameroon today everybody wants to work with the government. The government cannot absorb everybody.

 

How do you think your upsurge can be an inspiration to the younger ones who are not interested in entrepreneurship?

 

The government should encourage them much more. You know when you open a door before somebody can get into the room to clean it. The government should create such avenues that will push the young ones into entrepreneurship. The government could for example open a bank where they can give loans. They could also create a decentralized set up where they go to the various Divisions and identify children who have raw talents and accompany them. Later on about ten years on, we will not be talking about people looking up to the government. Everywhere in our country we have vast land but everybody wants to come to the city. The government should also subsidize initiatives like poultry to help young Cameroonians to overcome the problems sometimes involved in such an activity. It is both the public sector and the private sector that makes the country to become a giant. In Cameroon for instance, everybody wants to work in the Public Sector In life there is the past, the present and the future but the most difficult one is the present. One thing that I admire about our President is the fact that he looks very far but the main problem is the entourage. If you meet the President, you will be surprised that it is such a person that the people are talking so negatively about.

We cannot be talking about emergence when people are not development oriented. Development oriented communities are those where people are doing their things without thinking about the government. Such communities grow fast. You see when you think so much about the government you forget your own self.

 

Is it the love for your community that pushed you into politics?

 

When I came into full business I was doing benevolent acts and the people saw in me somebody who could be their leader. They wrote a letter to me, to the Head of State and to the Central Committee. When the letter came to me it looked like an appeal and I told them that what I was doing was community work and that I was simply a public servant. .  I was simply a Community Instructor who needed no post. But you know people’s voice is always Gods voice and should be heeded to. At the time, I was not serving in any political Party and I said if I had to do what these people wanted I had to get into politics. In 2007 when I registered, my card did not even come but I was so surprised that the people voted for me. Anything that you do in life people see, so in the community that you live always do your best. It is these people with whom you live that you will need when you are going up or going down. That’s how I find myself here and that’s why when I have the least I always pay my tithes back to my opportunity. I don’t need to tell you but you should go back and see it for yourself. I must always be there to see that my people are having their share of the National Cake.

 

There is a seeming lack of direction among the youths. What message do you have for them?

 

What I will tell them is that there is this issue of patience. They should know that there is no home where there is no problem.  None of us have ever been to Heaven but even there God fell out with Lucifer and threw him out. That’s the Satan that’s troubling the world today. Temptation is everywhere and if you allow your heart to be penetrated by Satan, you are a finished person. Youth should be hard working. This country has problems and if the President can say we have problems who can say we don’t have problems. The problems have taught us that we must do something to make something. Most of the people who are controlling the world today are from Ghetto homes. Young people should know that they have their place waiting for them and they should remember that no one can take their country away from them.

cameroonpeople.blogspot.com/Email:francoeko@gmail.com/ Tel:+237678401408/696896001

No comments:

Post a Comment